Sunday, June 14, 2015

Hover, hover!

I certainly have been slacking off with the development of this game, however, at least I managed to make some semblance of progress and that is figuring out how to make the exclamation icon hover above the character's head and follow the player character whilst they are under a hotspot/region.

(NB: Image has been edited to show it works on both hotspots)

Initially I tried to script the function via this complicated string of global scripting, but I found out it was much simpler and less hassle to impliment a much shorter script (how many times can I say 'script' in one sentence?) by a room to room basis. 

In all honesty, I might not do much in coming weeks, I'll still try my best to at least add a little more to the project every week though; there's a saying where I come from "Sikit, sikit jadi bukit" which roughly translates to "Little by little it becomes a mountain"...just like my weight.

(ha ha...ha...*sobs*)

--Iddie

No comments:

Post a Comment