Sunday, June 7, 2015

Here's a reflection

So I'm here typing up the weekly blog update for 'Book of Akiva' (let's call it BOA from now on), with nothing to update on.

I feel it's still worth blogging something, like putting a mark on the deadline, or for reflections like this, that should help me stay motivated to complete this game.

While I have missed the demo deadline and I haven't added onto the assets since the last blog post, I'm still quite proud of what I have had managed to achieve. I've implemented a GUI (at least part of it) that I only dreamed of doing over a decade ago.

I know I could do better with the art, but I've found a style that is satisfactory enough for me to quickly (loosely speaking) put together and be like "yeah, I'll move on to something else". Maybe one of these days I'll create a project with the intention of pushing my visual art skills to the limit? Who knows?

I have friends who are interested in voice acting for the project, friends who I have leaned onto in the past, in other words, people I know who will deliver.

This month, it's all about completing the demo, then I'll go back to my written schedule.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game took abotu a year to make *knock wood* I'm hoping it would at most be 6 months, but who am I kidding? I just need to keep up the momentum.

Here's to effort and passion,
Here's to ambition,

--Iddie

No comments:

Post a Comment