Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Dingswitch!

So I've managed to figure out and impliment that function I mentioned in the previous blog post, where it's similar to FF9- anytime the character nears an area of interest, an exclamation mark will appear to indicate that the player/ character could interact with something there.

I intially wanted the exclamation mark to hover above the character's head, but this is simpler to code, my old English teacher Mr...(was it Mr Yates or Mr.Grace? anyways one of them) always said "Keep It Simple St--Silly!" and I think this will suffice.

A mumbly, drawn out, "um" filled explanation is in the video above, mostly as a reference made for myself, though the first thirty seconds or so of the video shows the function in action.

The month is almost over and I'm not done with the demo yet, however things are still looking up, I'm still making (slow) progress (but progress nonetheless). Experimenting and doing things with the engine that I would have been too scared (insecure?) to attempt a few years ago.

Yeah I'm proud *knock wood*.

--Iddie

No comments:

Post a Comment